Half the fun is searching

Friday, August 17, 2007

Crisis of Life: My Thesis

Life is simple, it’s just not easy.

I am in a hurry to finish my already stretched to the limit thesis. My only problem is I have a compulsive disorder of getting everything right. And in the mean time, I keep forgetting the golden rule….

"Just do what you need to do to finish"

I keep forgetting that the Master Thesis is not the end of me. It is not supposed to be a master piece. Well, even my Advisor feels I am dwelling too deep into the subject and that I am just not moving forward, but just digging myself deeper. Which is, obviously, not the right direction to move in, if you need to move forward. Unless of course, one is digging through a sphere like earth and you can get from America to China by just digging deep right through the core!

I need some serious help from people who got their thesis done on time, with hard work and the smarts!

I guess I am scared of the defense and I want to cover all of the weaknesses with a strong literature backing. But I guess I can always tell the defense committee if I have a very flimsy explanation for a particular question that, “If you don't buy this explanation, let me remind you that it's the same same explanation you bought a couple of defenses ago.”

1 comment:

వసంతకోకిల said...

good one !! wishing you all the best with your defense. this reminds me of my defense, the first thing i did was to run over to the nearest mall to buy myself some good formal clothes!! now wasnt that a good start?

to be presentable to make a presentation!