Half the fun is searching

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Beauty and the Beast

I am back from my India trip. And there are some experiences I need to share. Well, as always there are two sides of the coin, the beauty and the beast. The beast no matter how ferocious is always belittled by the Beauty of India. So here are the two…

Episode 1: Day of Departure


The Beauty: Everything is all packed, for the first time I am actually ready about 5 hours before my flight.

The Beast: Air India is going to be late as it is our indian custom, delayed from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm.

The Beauty: A nice friend agreed to drop us at the airport.

The Funny Beast: We reach the airport, at 6:30 pm. I ask at the Air India counter, what time would the flight be actually in air. The official replies it’s “on time”. Scares the living hell out of me. I am sure they have cancelled my reservation. And I ask dejected, “At 7.30 pm?” Official replies, “No Sir, rescheduled to 9:30 pm Sir, on time Sir.” I am so glad “on time” in India, is about 2 hours later.

The Beauty: Nice dinner on flight.

The Beast: Since I was flying to Chennai then to Hyderabad, the in-flight movie is in Tamil, the blockbuster “Pokri”.

The Beauty: We had English subtitles, and the lead actress was way too hot!

The Beauty: We land in Chennai to a very pleasant weather. Nice South Indian breakfast follows.


The Beast: The Indian Airlines flight from Hyderabad to Chennai is late by an hour.

The Beauty: I found this cute little girl about 10 years old, traveling all on her own from Chennai to Delhi. So young, so confident and so independent. I wish I have a daughter just like her.

The Beauty: The Spice Jet employees look really hot in their designer red pants and shirt. Living up to their names.

The Beast: I wasn’t traveling by Spice.

The Beauty: “On time” delay of one hour and I am at my home, my Hyderabad.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehehehe, u were NOT travelling by spice Jet heheheheh.
Dude, how ya? left my comment at both places.
[mumbles]wots with TWO blogs anyway[keepsmumblin]now i hav to visit two different places as there are two entirely different content being posted at both places[grinds teeth]

వసంతకోకిల said...

Well written!! good to have beauties and beasts together.The beauty no longer remains a beauty, without a beast next to it!

Phoenix said...

Hey, Sam!

Nice to see you around. I was wondering if you had just disappeared from the face of blog planet. I don't see any new postings either.

But I heard Spice jet is kinda miserly, no food served on board!

You know what? You should try the blogspot too, as you can see we have more flexibility here. Easy to paste pictures and all!

Phoenix said...

Hey Vasanta,

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Well said, the beast makes us appreciate the beauty that we neglect.

Green Boy said...

Beauty: Phoenix travelling from somewhere in the world to Chennai.
Beast: Now he is flying from Hyderabad to Chennai.
Beast 2: A lil girl is travelling from Chennai to Delhi on her own (on the same flight!!!)

A goof up..thanks to some hot things! ;)

Phoenix said...

Hey Greenboy,

You actually signed up to post a commet here?

Cool.

I guess, you didn't understand. The girl was at the Airport. Airports have lots of planes travelling everywhere ,including a "tiny chance" of going to Delhi ;-)!