Half the fun is searching

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A poetic note!

A light hearted poem, I wrote quite a few years back! Read it for the romance and read it for the humour.

Every time I try so hard
to make you look at me
I try to drive a sporty car
you don't notice, even when I drown in the sea

I drew a heart in the sand
plucked flowers with my own hand,
I sent you a poetic note
you asked me to beat the road
To me, I am your greatest fan
To you, I am an invisible man

You went swimming in a pool
I stood staring like a fool
I tried to hand you a towel
but you shoved me into the rubble
There I was, lying in the hospital bed
"told you this would happen!", my friends said
To me, you are the best God could make
To you, I am the biggest fake

I wanted to be a part of your shadow
You said I was walking the death row
I tried to talk one last time
You said I'll never make you mine
I knew now you were out of range,
But one day everything would change
I found an angel near the lake
my poetic note she did take
To me, I found the girl of my dream
To you, somebody stole your cream.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi phoenix,
Good work. At the end had a smile reading it. And specially the combination of humour with the meaning remaining intact is wonderful.And yes the quote for phoenix is nice 1 too.
Njoy
mahek

Anonymous said...

Hiya Phoenix,
howz life?
Enjoyed the poem a lot. Are there any more where that came from? Would sure love to read them if so.

Phoenix said...

@ Mahek
How u doin?

Thanx a heap.

Guess what? I remember starting off with a romantic humour intention. And then out of nowhere I came up with the ending twist.

Sometimes, i cannot believe the things that come to my mind! :-)

Phoenix said...

@ Sam

Hope you are doing great!

Well, there are poems where they came from. They are just in the past. Have to go through the doors of time, visit my rubble of papers and then just copy from there!